Fullstack Developer (m/f)
We are askCharlie, a start-up company in the heart of Berlin. Our vision is to revolutionise the way people accomplish their personal projects through matching customers to the right service expert. Both sides of the marketplace, service professionals & customers, benefit from a strong mobile experience. So they can hire professionals with a few finger taps or manage their business on the go.
Our backend systems mainly use Rails/Ruby, PostgreSQL and run on AWS. We do not have monolithic architecture but we went for a service-oriented architecture from the very beginning.
To grow our very experienced and international team, we are looking for a rock-star fullstack developer to join the local service revolution.
- Maintain, further develop and scale our platform
- Design, build and take ownership of new features based on customer feedback
- Conceptualize and develop new user-facing features on our website
- Make independent decisions on how to maintain and optimize it continuously
- Follow and further develop our engineering principles and standards of clean code, efficiency and maintainability
- Coach and mentor the team and share your knowledge
- Pair-programming session with junior developers are part of your daily work
- You bring innovative ideas to our biweekly R&D Friday
- Work in a dynamic, experienced team of outstanding developers
- Take full responsibility from day one, a steep learning curve is guaranteed
- Openness for new technologies that help to solve our problems
- Working with the latest technology tools and newest Macbook
- Flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package
- Relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- You are confident in having discussion and explaining frontend ideas
- Expertise in any object oriented language, preferably Ruby and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Redis is highly valued
- A solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development and testing methodologies
- You feel comfortable with taking ownership for independent projects
- You understand that you may not know everything but you know how to ask the right questions